The University of Tasmania has embraced A New State of Mind and all that underpins this sense of belief will be on show during Saturday’s Launceston Open Day.
Newnham and Inveresk campuses will be open from 10am–3pm on Saturday, August 12.
“Open Day is the ideal opportunity to learn more about how the University is transforming higher education through a new curriculum model and delivering regionally relevant research to support the State’s future prosperity,” Executive Director of Marketing Pat Freeland-Small said. “Our study options provide more flexibility and greater choices, while delivering even more opportunities for real-world skills and experiences.”
A number of events are planned across both campuses, including information sessions, hands-on activities, demonstrations, displays, food and live entertainment.
Highlights for Inveresk include:
· See and interact with the School of Architecture and Design’s ‘Illusion’ – a three-dimensional structure – as it takes shape on site;
· Take part in a life-drawing marathon;
· Learn how to screen print at the textiles printing activity;
· Delve into the Interactive Design Expo.
Highlights for Newnham include:
· Witness the survival skills needed in an ‘Abandon ship!’ scenario;
· Cycle your way to good health at the blender bike bonanza;
· Sail into Sydney Harbour with AMC simulation technology.
Free shuttle buses will travel between Inveresk and Newnham throughout the day.
This year CoDesign Studio will conduct public consultations on the recently released Master plan for the Inveresk Precinct, to gain insight and input on how the redevelopment of the precinct can benefit the community.
Consultations will be held on Saturday from 10am-1pm at Inveresk, with visitors also able to take a virtual reality tour of the Inveresk Precinct as envisioned in the master plan.
These activities will also be part of a special Showcase at Inveresk, which will take place on Sunday (August 13) from 12pm-3pm. The showcase will be held at the Inveresk campus and feature displays, tours, activities and information on studying at the University.
Full details and guides are here: www.utas.edu.au/open-day/launceston
Published on: 10 Aug 2017 10:00am